Why did I choose my career
When I was a little girl I wanted to be a vet because I loved animals and when I was little bit older I wanted to be a midwife because I love babies but none of them happened. Then, when I was in High School I really enjoyed English because of music, so I spent a lot of time translating songs.
When I graduated from High School I wasn't sure what to study so I took a year to think, evaluate options and to finally decide.
My first option was something about Literature but in those days, the only option was PUC and I didn't even want to apply to that university. Then I found out something connected with English was Translation and after checking the programme, I decided to become a translator. As I've always enjoyed English I thought becoming a translator was a good option and after the first year I knew the career was for me.
Some years later, I had the chance to study a "special" programme for translators, so I became an English teacher. I started working as a teacher of English since the first year of Translation because I really liked it, maybe because there are many teachers in my family.
I started teaching private lessons to kids, then I taught adults and young adults and now I know this is my vocation because I couldn't live without teaching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sample Post 7 ::: My option: A career-related website
Today I'm going to write about a very useful website I use when translating and also when I teach: www.linguee.es This is an online dic...
-
I must begin by saying I do have a love/hate relationship with technology. Talking through Skype to my friend Chris who's working in Yem...
-
It’s not easy to choose one photograph I like to write about. There are so many to choose but it’s easier if I think of black and white pho...
-
Dear Class, This time you are free to choose what to write in your blogs. You can choose the topic of your post... maybe something importa...
Hello teacher.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to be maidwife, but my motivation lasted the first year in the university. It is a great story to have started by traslating songs and then becoming a teacher, the best thing is that you have found your vocation in there.
Hello miss!
ReplyDeleteI have hear that translate songs is a good exercise for learn another language, but I never have tried that.
in your experience, what do you prefer to make classes, children, teenager or adults?
Hi miss! I can see in your words your love for teach and for the language. I am really happy for I know that you have vocation for this job.
ReplyDeleteRegards.
Hello miss! The pedagogy is so cool, It's the best carrer of the world, in my opinion. I love that you have that vocation.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a nice teachers' day!
Hello Miss! Pedagogy is beautiful and more if there is a vocation for it. The best thing is to make our life what we are passionate about.
ReplyDeleteSee you...
Hello Miss!
ReplyDeleteI am very happy to know that I have found your vocation! something that has been heard. :)
ReplyDeleteHi miss
Being a teacher is something very nice and in turn carries a great responsibility. It is more than just teaching about a subject but also educating and teaching values.
Hello Miss, being a teacher is the most beautiful job in life and has a great weight, because we are responsible for training people for a future!
ReplyDeleteTeacher, I appreciate the dedication you have towards your profession, because that is reflected in your classes.
ReplyDelete